Friday, June 29, 2018

Just more "statistical bias in the distribution of primes" or why I should apologize to Google

No, I will never apologize to Google, now called Alphabet - a name easy to remember as most kids' nightmare.

It's basically another evil corporation that, to add insult to injury, actually used to insist on not being evil. Yes, their motto for a long time was "Don't Be Evil" (just google it). They changed it to "Do the right thing" in 2015 in yet another brazen attempt to insult our intelligence.

On the other hand, I am beginning to feel a bit sorry for killing Google so badly. Just look at the screenshot below taken on June 29th in Los Angeles (the time and location may matter for your search results) that shows the first page of Google search results if your keyword happens to be "statistical bias in the distribution of primes".


The five top pages on that first page point in one way or another to my paper "Statistical Bias in the Distribution of Prime Pairs and Isolated Primes" about a significant new effect in the distribution of this fundamental class of integers. Holy moly, Batman!

Well, stuff happens. I doubt this will last forever, or even for a whole month.

Things do change. Or, as one Googler said, "panta rhei." No, he really wasn't a Googler, I just made it up just as Google does it in their mottos, but he sure must have anticipated Google's technology.

P.S.
(1) A few hours later, I actually see 6 top pages on the first page of Google related to this paper or the effect it discusses, one of them belonging to this blog, so I was indeed right more than I could have imagined: things are indeed very fluid in the Google search engine, or "pantarheish," if you will. Even Wikipedia can't compete with me!
(2) Oh, boy. Looks like I have broken Google... It's almost midnight here 29/30 of June and now I am seeing 7 top pages referring to this effect and I swear I am not drinking or smoking anything. In fact, I even took another screenshot to show that I am so totally not making it up. See for yourself below.


No comments:

Post a Comment