Monday, July 9, 2018

Further research on this prime distribution bias: a remark

I don't have much time to work on this issue right now, and this will not change a lot until perhaps later this year, but I did make some additional empirical studies over this past weekend and it looks that my paper on this statistical effect in the distribution of primes might have only scratched the surface of what seems to be a more complex phenomenon.

In particular, this effect appears to have somewhat similar qualities to another effect in the distribution of primes that was discovered in the late 90s. I have discovered 3 new instances of this effect, if one is willing to generalize it a bit, over the last few days.

I think this effect deserves its own name and perhaps its own paper that introduces it properly. Let's call this a work in progress.

I will continue investigating it as much as my time permits, and then will probably issue yet another version of my paper. I am beginning to wish I waited with its publication as this is now consuming more of my time and thinking than I can afford at this point. But then again, I might have never published it had I not done it in April.

No comments:

Post a Comment